Tax return for European officials residing in Luxembourg

Have a complete peace of mind that everything is done right with Galux

Your income is non-taxable but there are still instances where you do need to file a return.

We are experts in European Officials’ tax returns and could even save you tax.

In which cases European officials residing in Luxembourg must submit a tax return

You are married and your spouse received an income of over EUR 36,000 working in Luxembourg (but not for a European institution).

You receive a property related income from a Luxembourgish source.

You worked in Luxembourg or in a country outside of the EU before working for a European institution. You also receive another income from a Luxembourgish source not subject to withholding tax to an amount of more than EUR 600.

In what cases to submit a tax return

You are in a partnership and your partner works or worked in Luxembourg outside of European institutions.

You worked for part of the tax year in Luxembourg but outside of European institutions

You are married and your spouse works outside of Luxembourg institutions receiving an income of less than EUR 36,000 amount of more than EUR 600.

Tax services

Save your business time with Galux

Preparation of tax returns

Preparation of applications for exemption and tax incentives

Support in dealing with the tax authorities

Checking of taxation

Assistance in tax audits

Tax optimization

Any advice on tax related matters

Need a professional advice? Feell free to get in touch today

Helpful resources

Here you can find useful articles about Accounting and more

Accounting for self-employed

Since 01/01/2017, All self-employed people with a yearly turnover of more than EUR 10...

Read more

Fine for late filing of accounts

In Luxembourg you have 7 month after the end of the financial year to publish company...

Read more

The advantages of being self-employ...

Make a list of benefits of being self-employed in Luxembourg rather than in another E...

Read more

What are the prerequisites to be registered in Luxembourg as self-employed?

Having a physical address in Luxembourg: As self-employed, you must have your business in Luxembourg. For this you can either rent an office or register your business at your home or client premises. Also if you want to register your company at...

Read more