How to avoid overpaying and underpaying tax for border residents

Have a complete peace of mind that everything is done right with Galux tax return services

Do you have to file a tax return?

As a non-resident tax payer, you need to file an income tax return if any of the following apply to you
Tax return mandatory
Income threshold

(only applies to Luxembourgish incomes)

Taxable income over

EUR 100.000

In case of several revenues subject to withholding tax:

Class 1 and 2

EUR 36.000

Class 1A

EUR 30.000

Usualy are concerned:

Married couple where both work

Employees combining several employment contracts

Income not subject to withholding tax in excess of

EUR 600

Income from transferable securities over

EUR 1.500

Directors fees over

EUR 1.500

Joint taxation of a non-resident and a resident


You do not have to complete a tax return? This is one more reason to complete

Save your business time with Galux Tax services

The following cases are where you could benefit from filing a tax return (this list is not exhausti

You are in Partnership and you both worked during the tax year.

You received a property related income from a Luxembourgish source.

You realized a loss from a category of Luxemburgish income not subject to withholding tax.

You paid an allowances to children not part of your household.

You personally contribute to your company pension scheme.

What you get is even more

Your incomes from Luxemburgish source represent more than 90% of your global income (50% for the belgians)

You paid insurance premiums.

You paid debit interests related to credit cards or loans.

You purchased your home during the tax year

You realized a loss from a category of income not subject to withholding tax (i.e. interests paid on a mortgage loan related to the main residence).

You received dividends of less than or equal to 1,500 euro and wishing to account withholding tax on income from transferable securities.

Galux can save you tax! Find out how, it’s easy.